The National Microlight Association of Ireland (NMAI) is the representing body for microlights in Ireland.
The NMAI is a non-profit making Limited Liability Company formed with the following objectives
· To promote the sport of Microlight Flying.
· To encourage the formation of clubs.
· To represent Microlight Aviation in Ireland in dealing with National and International bodies or authorities.
· To co-ordinate Microlight activities and ensure the communication of information to members on all aspects of flight safety, training and airworthiness matters.
· To execute an airworthiness scheme (approved by the Irish Aviation Authority) for the inspection and testing of Microlight aircraft by authorized persons for the purpose of issuing/renewal of Permit to Fly for said aircraft whereby the NMAI make application to the Irish Aviation Authority on behalf of the owner for the issue/renewal of permits to fly for the said aircraft.